Karnataka Election Results are now the hot topic across the country and the poll results are ready to be out today. Counting of votes has been started early in the morning today i.e. 8 A.M. and BJP party is reportedly taking the lead. Congress is said to be leading in 69 seats while BJP dominating in 77.
Exit polls are predicting hung assembly as both BJP and Congress are having a tough race with each other. HD Deve Gowda, president of JDS party will be playing the key role in forming the government if there happens to be hung assembly. Reports stated that Karnataka has witnessed a voter’s percentage of 72.13 percent which is the highest in the last last 68 years.
If Congress takes the lead by the end then Siddaramaiah would be replaced by another candidate for chief minister’s position. At the same time if BJP takes the lead Yeddyurappa will be replaced by Anantha Kumar as CM candidate.
Check live updates here of Karnataka Election results here!
Congress – won – 78
BJP – won – 104
JDS – won – 37
OTH – won – 03
- After round 5, Sanjeev Matandooru of BJP is leading by 7242 votes in Puttur against sitting MLA Shakunthala Shetty.
- After round 10, Umanath Kotian of BJP is leading by 22376 votes in Moodbidri against sitting MLA Abhaychandra Jain.
- After round 6, Minister UT Khader is leading by 15033 votes in Mangaluru.
- After round 2, Harish Poonja of BJP is leading by 3380 votes in Belthangady against Vasanth Bangera of Congress.
- After round 2, BJP candidate Vedavyas Kamath is leading by 4940 votes in Mangaluru South.
- In Bantwal, U Rajesh Naik of BJP is leading by 4345 votes after round 2.
- After round 4, S Angara of BJP is leading by 3228 votes in Sullia
- In Bantwal, U Rajesh Naik of BJP is leading by 2038 votes against minister B Ramanath Rai in first round.
- In Mangaluru North, Congress candidate BA Mohiuddin Bava leading by 1478 votes.
- In Mangaluru South, BJP candidate Vedavyas Kamath leads by 2540 votes.
- After round 3, BJP candidate S Angara leads in Sullia by 2110 votes.
- HD Kumaraswamy leading over the Congress candidate by 1552 votes in Ramanagar.
- Senior party leaders will decide on this, but we are confident and hope to form Government on our own: Dr.Yathindra,Congress candidate from Varuna and son of CM Siddaramaiah on possibility of post poll alliance with JDS.
- After round 6, BJP’s Umanath Kotian gets 12938 lead against Congress candidate Abhaychandra Jain in Moodbidri.
- In Mangaluru, minister UT Khader bags 6304 lead after round 2.
- Bharath Shetty of BJP gets 1083 votes lead against BA Mohiuddin Bava in Mangaluru City North.
- S Angara of BJP gets 2034 lead in first round counting in Sullia constituency.
Top BJP leaders tweet on their victory in Karnataka Election results
With this #KarnatakaVerdict it’s time for Congress to change its name from Indian National Congress to Congress (PMP)
Congress – Punjab, Mizoram, Puducherry.
— ShivrajSingh Chouhan (@ChouhanShivraj) May 15, 2018
The people of Karnataka have uprooted the corrupt Congress Govt. & chosen BJP’s development politics. Congratulations to PM @NarendraModi, Shri @AmitShah, Shri @BSYBJP, & Karyakartas of @BJP4India on winning the State Legislative Assembly election, 2018. #KarnatakaVerdict
— Piyush Goyal (@PiyushGoyal) May 15, 2018
“Today is a very historic day for BJP. The people of Karnataka did not go with divisive politics.”
– Smt @nsitharaman on @republic #KarnatakaElectionResults2018 #KarnatakaVerdict #BJPWinsKarnataka @BJPLive @BJP4India
— NSitharamanOffice (@nsitharamanoffc) May 15, 2018